Get help from our top rated New York City Pedestrian Accident Attorneys
95% of our clients receive compensation for their injuries
Millions won for injured New York City Pedestrians
Never a fee unless we win your case
If you have been injured as a pedestrian in New York City, you must act quickly to protect your rights by filing your claim in a timely manner. At RMFW Law, our attorneys are experienced and can give you immediate advice on how to properly protect yourself and get the compensation you deserve. There is never a fee with our firm unless we win your case. We are available to make hospital or home visits if requested. We have an on-staff experienced investigator that will contact you to thoroughly investigate your case. We will help coordinate your medical treatment so that you may get the proper care under the No-Fault insurance. We will file all the necessary documents to ensure that your claim has been filed on time and properly to preserve your rights.
Our attorneys will immediately investigate your accident and gather the important evidence needed so that your injuries can be fully compensated by the responsible parties. We have recovered hundreds of millions of dollars for personal injury victims in New York City and understand how to protect your rights in the event of a pedestrian accident. Our goal is to get you the compensation you deserve for your injuries, pain and suffering, medical expenses and lost wages.
Call now for free consultation with an experienced NYC pedestrian injury lawyer 212-697-9280
Our Process of Investigation
We immediately investigate the accident by obtaining the necessary evidence. By sending out our investigator, obtaining witness statements and photographs of the scene, securing the police report, and investigating the motor vehicle records with the New York State Department of Motor Vehicles. We will also determine the applicable insurance benefits for your accident.
Our experienced attorneys have worked for years fighting for injured pedestrians. How we differ from other NYC attorneys is our belief in client satisfaction. We will focus on your case and get you the recovery you need and deserve. What we offer is a unique capability of taking your accident and injuries and presenting them in a properly manner highlighting your suffering and the damage the accident caused you. We are proud of our 95% success rate. Hard work has its rewards.
Things You Can Do Now to Protect Yourself
- Take mobile photographs of the accident scene and position of vehicles if possible;
- Get the names of any witnesses and their contact information;
- Do not sign any documents regarding the facts of the accident, except for medical care;
- Record the information regarding any vehicles involved in the accident such as a plate number;
Most Common Types of Pedestrian Accidents
Unfortunately, in New York City, pedestrian injuries are often tragic. The mission of Vision Zero is to save lives and reduce the approximately 4,000 New Yorkers that are seriously injured and reduce the more than 250 that are killed each year in traffic crashes. Being struck by a vehicle is the leading cause of injury related death. On average, vehicles seriously injure or kill a New Yorker every two hours. It is often due to the careless and dangerous behavior of driving that has to be addressed. The following categories are the most common type of pedestrian accidents in New York City.
- Red light running, speeding and failure to yield;
- Pedestrian accidents involving cars in New York City;
- Pedestrian accidents involving trucks in New York City;
- Pedestrian accidents in crosswalks in New York City;
- Buses injuring pedestrians in New York City;
- Wrongful death pedestrian accidents in New York City;
- Fractures from automobile accidents in New York City;
- Pedestrians along the roadway at night in New York City
New York City Laws and Regulations Effecting Pedestrians
All pedestrian accidents involving motor vehicles that occur in New York City are governed by the state’s No-Fault laws. It is mandatory that all claims for No-Fault benefits must be filed within in 30 days.
edestrians crossing the highway involved in a motor vehicle accident are regulated by Section 1151 of the Vehicle and Traffic Laws. This law states that the driver of the vehicle shall yield the right of way, slowing down or stopping to a pedestrian crossing the roadway within a crosswalk. This Section also requires a pedestrian that crosses any roadway not in the crosswalk to yield the right of way to a vehicle. Section 1146 of the Vehicle and Traffic Law provides “every driver of a vehicle shall exercise duperier to avoid colliding with any pedestrian upon any roadway and shall give warning by sounding the horn when necessary.
New York City also has specific traffic rules such as Section 402.
Pedestrians although perhaps entitled to bring a claim are almost always held to being judged by a comparative fault standard in New York City. What this means is that the Judge will instruct the jury to examine the pedestrians behavior and determine if the pedestrian could have avoided the accident or was careless in the manner they were walking in the roadway. The regulations are found in Article 27 of the Vehicle and Traffic Law, Section 1150, 1151, 1152. Essentially these codes state that a pedestrian shall be subject to traffic control signals.
Let Us Help You – We Can File Your Claim
Let our New York City law firm gather the evidence you need to obtain a great settlement for you. Our experienced attorneys will take the time to personally learn the details of your case to ensure your experience is a positive one. We will do everything possible for you to receive compensation as quickly and simply as possible. We are recognized leaders in personal injury cases involving pedestrian accidents in New York City.
Our pledge is to:
- Evaluate your case and estimate the value of your claim so that you fully understand your rights
- Investigate your accident thoroughly with the support of our on staff professional investigator
- Advocate for your during the settlement process or in court to get you the full compensation you deserve, providing you with an experienced pedestrian injury lawyer
- Negotiating on your behalf with the insurance company to help you attain the best settlement possible
- Communicating with you. Our doors are always open for a visit whenever its convenient