New York City Rear-End Accident Attorney
Were You Injured in a New York City Rear-End Accident?
Rear-end accidents are a common occurrence in New York City and can lead to serious injuries. Often, these accidents are unfortunately caused by driver negligence. If you have been seriously injured in a rear-end accident in New York, contact our experienced New York City car accident attorneys at Rosenberg, Minc, Falkoff & Wolff, LLP to discuss your options for compensation. We have the experience, skill, and resources to pursue the maximum damages necessary for a full recovery.
Common Injuries in Sustained in NYC Rear-End Collisions
Many rear-end accidents are referred to as “fender benders” and cause little or no damage to the vehicles involved. However, serious injuries can occur to the car accident victim, regardless of the severity of the accident or the resultant vehicle damage.
Injuries frequently sustained in rear-end collisions include:
- Whiplash: This type of injury involves soft tissue damage caused by a violent, whip-like motion of the head and neck. Whiplash is not always noticeable immediately after an accident. It can take days or weeks for full symptoms to appear.
- Fractures: Broken bones can occur in any type of car accident. Rear-end collisions can cause broken bones in the hands (particularly the driver’s), feet, skull, ribcage, or spine.
- Traumatic brain injury: When a vehicle is struck from behind, the sudden impact can cause the brain to be jarred within the skull. This can cause bruising and potentially bleeding in the brain tissue.
- Back and spinal injuries: Even at low speeds, the force of impact in a rear-end accident can cause compression of the spine and discs located in the lower portion of the back. Serious spinal injuries can cause paralysis.
- Facial scarring and disfigurement: Vehicle occupants can be violently thrown against their restraints in a rear-end collision. They may sustain disfiguring injuries when the face hits the dashboard or a headrest.
- Torso injuries: Seatbelts are designed to hold you in place and prevent your torso from striking the dashboard, steering wheel, or other parts of the vehicle in a collision. However, they can cause lacerations when the torso is thrust forward in a rear-end crash.
Common Causes of Rear-End Accidents
In congested New York City traffic, rear-end collisions occur frequently, often because of driver negligence. Common causes of this type of accident include:
- Tailgating (following too closely)
- Distracted driving, including texting, talking on a cell phone, and other internal vehicle distractions
- Aggressive driving
- Sudden, unexpected stops
- Driver inattentiveness
Accidents caused by these types of behaviors are ultimately due to negligence in the other driver, which provides grounds for a claim for significant compensation.
Get Legal Help After a Serious Rear-End Accident
It is important to have an experienced NYC rear-end accident lawyer by your side if you have been injured in a collision. Our personal injury lawyers at Rosenberg, Minc, Falkoff & Wolff, LLP have a long and successful track record recovering compensation for car accident victims. Contact our firm for a consultation to find out how we can help. We never charge a fee or expenses until we win your case.