New York Pedestrians Accidents
Get Help From Top New York Pedestrian Accident Attorneys
If you have been injured as a pedestrian, you must act quickly to protect your rights and gather the essential evidence. Call the New York law firm of Rosenberg, Minc, Falkoff & Wolff today and speak with a member of our legal team. An experienced pedestrian accident attorney will investigate your claim and gather the important evidence needed so you can be compensated fully for your injuries, pain and suffering, medical expenses and lost wages.
Learn How We Can Protect Your Rights
No fault claims must be filed within 30 days. Our attorneys and investigators will gather evidence, talk to witnesses, and battle the insurance company, fighting to get you the money you deserve. We are on your side.
Our pedestrian injury lawyers have three generations of experience fighting for New York accident victims. We have helped more than 30,000 New Yorkers recover almost one billion dollars in personal injury damages. Let our legal knowledge of NY injury laws work to get you the full compensation for your accident. Our caring, professional attorneys will dedicate our knowledge and resources to your case.
Call 1-800-660-2264 for a free consultation. There is never a fee unless we win your case. Time is of the essence in filing your claim, so don’t delay.
Causes of Pedestrian Accidents in New York
Nearly 16,000 pedestrian accidents occurred in New York State in 2011, causing 296 deaths. A total of 48 percent of these pedestrian deaths occurred within the five counties of New York, according to New York State’s 2012 Highway Safety Report. In New York, walking is a common means of getting around and pedestrian accidents are far too frequent in the city.
Pedestrian accidents have many different causes, many of which result from driver negligence. A 2012 project by the New York Department of Transportation (DOT) identified the top causes of pedestrian collisions:
- Distracted Driving caused 36 percent of pedestrian collisions resulting in serious injury or death.
- Failure to Yield played a role in 20 percent of serious injury accidents or collisions causing the death of pedestrians.
- Crossing Against the Signal contributed to 20 percent of pedestrian crashes that led to injury or death.
- Speeding, Limited Visibility and Slippery Pavement were contributing causes of 21 percent of collisions causing serious injury or the death of a pedestrian.
- Intoxication is responsible for eight percent of deadly pedestrian accidents.
Determining the cause of the accident is essential because an injured pedestrian will need to prove that the driver was negligent or violated a safety rule in order to obtain compensation.
Even pedestrians who were partly responsible for their own accidents may recover some compensation from drivers who were at fault under New York’s comparative fault rules. Therefore, it is important for every accident victim to contact a New York pedestrian accident lawyer if they suffer injuries.
How Do I File an Injury Claim?
At RMFW Law, we help victims and surviving family members by taking care of all the legal work and expenses required to successfully file a case.
We are a recognized leader in personal injury cases and provide seamless and confidential representation to clients during every step of an accident claim. Services we offer to pedestrian accident victims include:
- Evaluating your case and estimating the value of your claim.
- Negotiating with the insurance company on your behalf to help you obtain fair compensation without going to court.
- Investigating your accident with the support of our on-staff professional investigators.
- Advocating for you in court to prove your right to compensation for injuries and losses.
Our lawyers do everything they can to make it easy for you to recover compensation as quickly and simply as possible so you can focus on getting better. We can come to your home, office or hospital room for a free consultation after your accident. Moreover, we do not charge legal fees or expenses unless we recover monetary damages on your behalf.
Call RMFW today to speak with an attorney who can advise you of your rights and evaluate your claim.