September 13, 2016 • Products Liability
Authorities have been able to identify the grandmother of the six-year-old boy that was injured as Linda Lewis. The accident happened when the android phone that he was holding suddenly exploded. She says that the boy was hospitalized after the phone exploded while the boy was watching a video.
The popular cell phone is currently being recalled by Samsung as the company sorts out all of the issues that it has been having with its battery. It remains unclear what has been causing the phones to explode.
The FAA has advised consumers not to use the phablet while on an airplane for fear that it could malfunction mid-flight.
Our staff at the RMFW Law Firm were deeply saddened to learn about this tragic incident. Our thoughts and prayers are with the family of the boy that was injured. The family may be entitled to file a products liability claim against the manufacturer of the device that malfunctioned.