New York City Personal Injury Law Blog
Our Personal Injury Lawyers can Defend Your Best Interests
Personal injury laws are complicated. Personal injury lawyers of RMFW Law have the expertise and experience to litigate any kind of personal injury claims.
Personal injury law also known as tort law helps an injured person to go to a civil court and earn some compensation for all the losses arising from an accident. The objective of the personal injury law is to financially compensate an injured person after he or she has suffered harm due to the negligence or deliberate act of another person. Our personal injury lawyers of Rosenberg, Minc, Falkoff, & Wolff can legally represent you and win the compensation you richly deserve for your physical injuries and losses.
For three generations, RMFW Law has successfully handled personal injury lawsuits throughout New York and New York City. Our experienced personal injury lawyers will explore every available avenue and helps the clients claim money for their injuries & losses after an accident.
Personal injury law is applicable in the following situations:
- Accidents – When someone’s carelessness or negligence causes harm to another person. Examples: Auto accidents, medical malpractice, slip & fall incidents.
- Intentional & Deliberate acts – When the defendant’s deliberate act causes injuries to another person. Example: assault & battery, intentional torts.
- Defamation or slander – When a person’s defamatory statements harm another person’s reputation and standing.
Insurance Policy Coverage
If you think you have sustained injuries because of someone else’s negligence, you might want to ascertain if there exists an insurance favoring the defendant so as to cover your injury claim. It is a genuine concern. Does the property owner have liability insurance in case of a slip & fall incident? Is the health care provider covered by malpractice insurance when you suspect sub-standard treatment resulting in injuries?
There could be many doubts in your mind, relating to such personal injury claims and it is probably the best time to call our personal injury lawyers for more help and guidance.
Filing Civil Lawsuits in New York
Never miss the deadline for filing your lawsuit. The defendant can bring in the statute of limitations for defense. If the defendant is a private citizen or company, then as per the New York’s civil statute of limitations you have the following time limits to file a lawsuit for your personal injuries:
- Intentional emotional distress, assault/battery, libel/slander – 1 year from act.
- Wrongful death – 1 year from death.
- Medical malpractice – 2 1/2 years from date of malpractice or from end of continuous treatment provided by the party or entity you decide to sue for illness or injury or condition.
- Emotional distress [negligence], personal injuries due to negligence, product liability, automobile accident, and slip & fall – 3 years from the date of accident.
Contact RMFW Law Today
Call our New York City personal injuries law firm at 1-866-516-5887 or contact us online.
We offer a free case evaluation. We also make home and hospital visits when necessary. We will not charge any attorneys’ fees unless we are successful in your case. We have offices in New York City, Astoria, Queens, and two offices in Brooklyn.