New York City Personal Injury Law Blog
What to do After a Limousine Accident
Posted on Jun 8, 2014 in Car Accidents
On behalf of Rosenberg, Minc, Falkoff & Wolff, LLP
There are many reasons why a limousine accident is caused, such as a negligent driver or a chauffeur. Due to the sheer size of the limousine, accidents involving such vehicles could result in serious and catastrophic personal injury. A person who has been the victim of a limousine accident may require immediate medical attention.
Make sure you get in touch with the police immediately after the accident.
They might need to be rushed to the emergency room of a hospital, especially if their injuries are serious. If the accident has been caused due to negligence, you may need to hire the services of a personal injury lawyer who will evaluate your case and be able to attain your financial compensation for the pain and suffering the accident may have caused you. These conditions and injuries might be difficult to cope with and might warrant a meeting with a personal injury lawyer.
Vital Information to Follow
Here are a few steps and guidelines to ensure that you follow the right chain of events when another party is at fault, to know that you aren’t compromising your chances of being compensated for your personal injury in a limousine accident.
- Make sure you get in touch with the police immediately after the accident and see that an ambulance is dispatched to the scene of the accident. If you are incapacitated and can’t do this yourself, ask a bystander for help.
- Have any injuries that you might have suffered examined by a medical professional immediately. If you are injured, you should allow the paramedics to transport you to the hospital for treatment and medical care.
- Do not admit anything to anyone without contacting your personal injury lawyer first.
- Avoid exchanging any insurance information or any other identifying information with any parties who may be involved in the limousine accident.
- Avoid speaking directly to the attorneys or insurance adjusters of the party that is liable. Your personal injury lawyer will act as a communication bridge between you.
- If possible, see that you have photographic evidence of your vehicle, the scene of the limousine accident, and the injuries you might have sustained in the accident.
- Always speak to your personal injury lawyer before you sign any medical release forms.
- Be sure that your lawyer is among the first people you can in the event of a personal injury incident involving a limousine accident.
Why You should Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer
Suffering an injury due to an accident can be an overwhelming and stressful situation. Incidents such as limousine accidents are completely avoidable and preventable and are caused by negligent drivers. That is what makes the situation even more frustrating.
You should hire a personal injury lawyer because they understand the conundrum you are currently facing. They will use their skill and expertise to derive as much of a financial settlement that you deserve to compensate for pain and suffering and any lost wages that you might have incurred and will incur in the future. They will also work towards getting you reimbursed for your medical expenses, past, present, and future.